Westside Academy 2021-2022
One of the most critical ministries of Westside Family Fellowship is our Christian school, Westside Academy. The school has just completed its 39th year of sending out graduates into the community. To bring you up to date on how this past year went here’s a report from Principal Kerri Nava.
Hello Westside Family!
We, the Westside Warriors, have had a year of overcoming. We have overcome the culture of fear and division and the immense changes all around us.
Our theme Scripture for the year comes from Nehemiah 4:
Then as I looked over the situation, I called together the nobles and the rest of the people and said to them, “Don’t be afraid of the enemy! Remember the Lord, who is great and glorious, and fight for your brothers, your sons, your daughters, your wives, and your homes!”
We are on a mission. We are fighting for His Kingdom and not giving in to the distractions of culture or the enemy.
Some Highlights from the year:
- Before Christmas, Westside Academy collected over 40 winter jackets, over 60 pairs of gloves, and food supplies for The New Life Center for the needy downtown. Due to the extreme cold, we were unable to hand these out ourselves, but Westside Family Fellowship ran warming times and handed these out for us. Volunteers dealt with individuals with frostbite and painful damage from the cold; they shared these tangible gifts to show God’s love to our community in Prince George. You were a part of showing God’s love through something as small as a pair of gloves.
- We sent 6 shoeboxes for Operation Christmas Child. Students collected materials to share with children who have less.
- We have a huge group of high school students that LOVE drama and did a drama production for our families via streaming. We have students leading worship, praying together and for each other and growing in their faith. We had multiple basketball teams and now a soccer team that is thriving, growing, and developing; We have students applying for universities next year who will grow into phenomenal adults and affect change in their families, jobs and homes.
- We sent heavy suitcases (not filled with edibles) with Pastor Marlo to give to Kristin and Nish as they serve in Sri Lanka.
- We sent our grade 12s to do some missions and team building activities on Vancouver Island at the end of May.
- We are BACK TO FULL CAPACITY chapel times. We have K-12 in the same room gathering together, worshiping together and remembering the Lord who is great and glorious and fighting for their brothers and sisters.
Our God is great and glorious. He continuously provides for all of our needs. Along with our 25 plus staff members and 166 students, I say thank you Westside Family Fellowship, for investing in our greatest asset: our kids.
Mrs. Kerri Nava, Westside Academy Principal